Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Estate Planning Is Harder Than I Thought

I have two biological daughters who do not get along with me at all, as well as three adopted daughters who adore me. My problem is trying to divide all my estate fairly among them. Whoever said that estate planning was not that complicated must have only had one person to be concerned about.

While it may seem like I should cut the two daughters off who are not very friendly with me, I know that this will cause a rift between them and the others. At the same time, I do not believe that things should be divided equally.

I sat down and talked to my sister about it and she feels like I should be equal with everything in order to avoid conflict we had a meeting with estate planning attorney Austin. While I understand where she is coming from, I feel like this would be rewarding two people who act like they care nothing about me and only hang around when they know that there is something in it for them. I am going to talk to an attorney to see what they suggest I do. They have probably seen this a lot and will be able to offer some insight.

No comments:

Post a Comment